Acupuncture for pain management and relief was developed by Well Balanced founder Lisa Glasser L.Ac. as an integrative approach to decrease pain, increase function and get you back to enjoying life! Whether your pain is induced by work, recreational sports, or hobbies we combine the best of modern techniques with traditional Chinese medicine for those hampered by pain and injury.
Well Balanced Center for Integrated Health offers three practitioner choices when it comes to dealing with your pain management problems, Lisa Glasser L.Ac., Jesse Liberty L.Ac., and Dr. Shannon Robertson.
What Sets Us Apart
Additional therapies: Our services encompass a comprehensive alternative care system that extends far beyond acupuncture. Cupping, soft tissue release, Chinese herbal medicine, chiropractic, massage and rehabilitative exercises are often included in your pain management Eugene treatment, based on your individual needs.
Setting Lisa and Jesse apart from general acupuncturist is their specialized training in pain management and relief. An integral part of that training includes the implementation of a modern technique called Electro Therapy Point Stimulation (ETPS). This tool was specifically designed to treat pain, increase circulation, relax contracted muscles, decrease nerve pain and release endorphins. More on ETPS can be found here.
Acupuncture Benefits for Pain
Increased range of motion and strength: In a short period of time you will notice increased range of motion and strength for individual muscle groups pertaining to your area of pain. This is due to acupuncture direct ability to loosen muscles, increase blood flow and allow normal muscle memory to return. Acupuncture into specific areas of the muscle directly changes their capacity to hold their position.
Improved posture: Once range of motion increases, postural correction is implemented to prevents future injury. When needed we will TEACH you specific stretches to retrain your muscles to with stand repeated physical stressors. We don’t just want your pain to go away…..we never want to see it return!
Improved neurological functioning: The nervous system is directly impacted by the use of acupuncture. When injured muscles are loosened and repaired nerve regeneration quickly follows as does decrease pain, tingling, numbness and any muscle loss that may have occurred due to nerve damage.
- Acute Sprain/Strain
- Athletic Enhancement
- Baker’s Cyst
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Degenerative Disc/Joint Disease
- De Quervain’s Syndrome
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Tension/Stress, Cluster, Sinus, Rebound, Migraine Headaches
- Herniated Discs
- Hip, knee, and shoulder arthritis
- IT Band Friction Syndrome
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis elbow)
- Lumbar Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s elbow)
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Occipital Neuralgia (Arnold’s Neuralgia)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis/Fibromatosis
- Post Laminectomy Syndrome
- Postural Imbalance
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Sacroiliitis/ SI Joint Pain
- Stroke Sequelae
- Surgery rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation from Major Fractures, Hairline and Stress Fractures,
- Functional Scoliosis
- Shin Splints/ Tibial Stress Syndrome
- Shingles and Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Shoulder Impingement/Frozen Shoulder
- Spinal Stenosis, Spondylosis
- Sprained Ligament(s)
- Strained Muscle(s)
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Pain
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
We treat the following conditions, and more!